When winter season in Utah comes, you wouldn’t want to be left in the cold.
If you live in Murray UT and the surrounding areas, having a reliable furnace maintenance expert to help you out is heaven-sent.
Efficient Systems Heating and Cooling is just a call or message away.
One of the reasons furnaces break down is our failure to perform regular maintenance and tune-ups.
Furnace Maintenance Tips
- Do regular check-ups of your air filters once a month. Cleaning or replacement should be done every 3 months or earlier
- Test smoke and CO detectors every month. Batteries should be replaced every year. It is recommended that you replace smoke detectors before they hit 10 years old.
- Have your roof inspected and check if they need repairs. Sweep chimneys and have them cleaned
- Regular cleaning of your home can help keep your HVAC system clean as well. Dirt and grime makes your furnace work overtime which can cause problems
- Make sure your fire extinguishers are working properly
- Inspect your home for air leaks, seal attics and ductwork. You can give us a call on how to increase insulation in your home or business establishment
- Keep your thermostat on a lower setting when you are away or asleep
Time to Call the Professionals
Performing the tips we shared above can help keep your furnaces working in tip-top condition.
There are times, however, when a professional HVAC technician is needed to diagnose a situation correctly. Here are signs that you should look out for:
- When you hear strange noises while your furnace is running like screeching, banging, whistling, rumbling and metal to metal sounds
- When you notice soot and rust around your furnace
- When you smell sulphur, you should turn your furnace off immediately and have a professional come over at once. A gas leak or combustion problems may be the cause
- When you notice flickering flames or flame color that is not blue
If you experience your furnace not producing enough heat you may have issues with your ignition, heat exchanger, blower motor, thermocouple, fan assembly, gas burners or something else that a DIY can’t fix.
Now is the best time to call a professional.
Keep in mind that furnace repair and maintenance can be dangerous. You also wouldn’t want your HVAC warranty to become void.
Professional Furnace Maintenance
Yearly professional maintenance by Efficient Systems Cooling and Heating can help ensure a worry-free and warm winter season.
Leave all your worries to us.
We have been keeping homes in Murray, Utah warm during the cold winter season.
Inquire about our maintenance plans where you get exclusive deals and discounts for early birds.