Tips & Tricks
Do you want to improve the AIRFLOW in your home and make your HVAC equipment work more efficiently?
Here are 5 tips:
- Check the supply and returns vents, be sure there is nothing blocking them. If there is something in the way the system may not be getting the necessary amounts of air to run efficiently.
- Using your ceiling fans properly can improve the flow of air in your home and increases you comfort level in your living space.In the Winter months be sure that your fan is set to move and push the air down.
In the Summer months you want to set your fan to pull the air up.
Circulating your air continually makes the temperature more consistence and ultimately improving your comfort level. Not too hot and not too cold.
- Replace your Air Filter regularly. You need the correct amount of air entering your systems so it can work properly. Dirty filters prevent the needed air and make your system work harder.You should change your filter according to the manual guidelines. Depending on your situation you may need to change them more often. For example: A vacation home with not much traffic ever 4-6 months. If you have a very busy and active family with pets you may need to check and change them monthly.
- You should have your systems maintenanced by a licensed professional twice a year. The air conditioner should be checked in the spring before turning it on during the hot summer months. The furnace should be checked in the fall before you fire it up for those long winter months.Simple maintenance can improve the life of your equipment and if there is something wrong you can get it taken care of or start preparing for the future.
Contacting your heating and cooling company to see if they have a maintenance plan.
- Clean your ducts. By cleaning your ducts you are helping keep the air moving. Cleaning your ducts also provide better air quality and can reduce the dust in your home. If have odors in your home you may need to have them cleaned.If you feel that the air flow is poor you can have a licenced technician come out and look at the ducts and be sure that there are not leeks or that they have not separated. If there is a leek or a gap the technician with use specialize tape to seal them. Sealing the ducts can improve your air conditioner air flow, and save you up to 30% on your heating and cooling bills
Get A Quote!
Based on 36 reviews
18:18 07 May 20
Very happy with Efficient Systems. Nice technician, Showed up on time, didn’t waste time, got right to work, tuned up... my system and got it working great. Would highly recommend.read more
01:27 26 Mar 20
Great service, reasonable price. William did a same-day replacement of my furnace when it died on me, and then came... back the next day and replaced my thermostat with a new one for free since my old one wasn't communicating properly with the new furnace. Very happy with Efficient Systems Heating & Cooling.read more
02:57 10 Feb 20
We were so pleased with our experience with Efficient Systems Heating & Cooling! Our AC went out on a Saturday, and... they came that day to check on the problem, and ordered what we needed to get it fixed on Monday. They were professional, easy to work with, and gave us fair and honest pricing on our AC and Furnace unit. We will definitely go back to them with any needs that come up in the future.read more
00:26 23 Jan 20
I had several bids for a furnace. Four different companies told me yes you need a new furnace. A friend told me to... call this guy for a bid. He came out The same day and said no you don’t need a new furnace, it just needs part. He walked me through the problem and showed me the leak. He ordered it and was out the next day to install it. He saved me thousands of dollars! The most honest furnace/water heater/maintenance company you will find! Highly recommended!!read more
22:09 17 Jan 20
Adam the Technician came out and did a wonderful job highly recommend it
20:53 15 Dec 19
William is very knowledgeable, efficient & affordable! I have used his services twice & have been very impressed each... time. I ask a lot of questions - he answered all of them completely, so I understood what was going on with my system. He suggested things I could do to improve the efficiency, heating/cooling costs & life of the system. I will definitely use William's services again!!read more
04:13 05 Dec 19
William is amazing! He serviced my furnace and replaced my filter. He was on time and so freindly. I would rrecommend... Efficient Systems to anyone.read more
17:53 31 Oct 19
I cannot rate a business experience more highly that that of this company. William demonstrated excellent knowledge of... my furnace situation and was able to replace my old furnace with a new one within days of consulting. He is prompt and courteous, and I felt as though he really cared about getting this job done right. Thank you, William!read more
16:56 10 Jul 19
I cannot recommend this place enough! I called at 4:30 in the afternoon, and the woman I spoke with, Bernadette, got in... touch with a technician named William who came to my house after him last call of the day and was there until after 7:00 PM to diagnose what was wrong with my AC. He was so nice and incredibly helpful and really went the extra mile for me! When I found out I'd have to use a contractor chosen by my home warranty to do the repairs, William did the cleaning and inspection I needed to send in for my warranty to get the repairs covered and even offered to let me use some coolers he had until my AC was repaired (even though I wouldn't be able to use them for the repairs). I never felt like he was trying to up-sell me or push me into paying for something I didn't need.I can't overstate how helpful and kind and pleasant to work with William was. I will definitely be using this company for all my regular maintenance and any repairs I have to do in the future, and I highly recommend them!read more
19:24 06 Jul 19
William was courteous and diligent. When we had some strange problems because of a previous system he worked hard to... make sure everything was just as we wanted. Pricing was great and we love our new system.read more
Utah Mom Show Utah Mom Show
22:05 17 Jun 19
We love this Efficient Systems! We have talked to a few companies wanting to be apart of our event and we surely trust... Efficient with all of our customers. So happy to have them!!read more
03:57 04 Jun 19
I own many rental properties and have used Efficient Systems many times. William always does excellent work and is very... competitive priced. He has done heating, ac work and replaced water heaters. Even though he is getting very busy he always tries to accommodate my needs—Especially if a tenant is without heat or hot water. I highly recommend Efficient Systems Heating and Coolingread more